Happy New Year 2017!
After a much needed two weeks off, I’ve had a lovely time being able to catch up with friends. And spent much needed quality time with family.
I’m now ready to get back to Laura Felicity Design and start 2017 with new beginnings, routines, dreams and goals.
Before I get started with a brand new year, I always love to reflect on what happened in the previous year, in both personal and work life.
Sometimes you can get caught up in a whirlwind of events, and forget what you’ve been through – the good, and not so good.
I personally believe it’s great to take what you learn from your previous year, and make your changes for the year to come.
2016 for me personally and career wise has been a life changing one, which was not expected.In a good way, along with difficult times.
It definitely tested me and the business due to my health, a huge life changing move. Meaning the business had to go through a few changes behind the scenes.
Now, I’ve come through to the other side, and am ready to start creating a new ‘normal’ for 2017.
Below are my #bestnine2016 for Laura Felicity Design showing the great journey the business has been on, that I’d love to share with you.
It’s great to see what’s been achieved all in one space.
(From: top, left to right – middle, left to right – bottom, left to right)
- The release of popular make up bags, purses and travel pouches, in three Laura Felicity Design Fabrics; Pretty Flower, Dotty Bird, and Geo.
- The completion of a wonderful Dotty Bird wallpaper project. All will be revealed soon!
- 2016 saw Laura Felicity Design products being stocked in some wonderful independent stockists, including WOVEN, based on Fulham Road, London
- I moved into my first home with the other half. We are taking this on as a Laura Felicity Design/House Development project for our Property Portfolio.
- An exciting Bespoke Wallpaper Commission took place for Essendon Country Club, Hertforshire. Two areas of the club now have a personal, branded design.
- Some wonderful Craft Workshops took place in 2016, including new workshops working with Children and Teenagers.
- I had a creative block in early 2016. After the move my creativity came back, and I have been designing new pattern designs for LFD’s future products.
- Tea and Crafting asked me to co-host their Lino Print taster workshop for Stylist Magazine’s Christmas Craft Day.
- Laura Felicity Design released Window Blinds to the interior product collection, and have been a great success with a variety of clients.
Overall 2016 was a brilliant year. It’s taught me a lot about myself in particular.
I can’t wait to take all that I have learned from the journey I have been on to grow and achieve in 2017.
Do you like to reflect and learn from the previous year?
What’s your #bestnine2016?
I’d love to hear about them.
Happy New Year 2017 everyone! Here’s to our successes.